- Is about five inches long from head to rump.
- Has begun to develop the all-important adipose tissue — more affectionately known as baby fat.
- Is hard at working transforming its skeleton from soft cartilage into solid bone.
- Feel immensely huge and very pregnant, but baby bump probably isn’t as noticeable as you think it is. People may hesitate to comment or miss it completely, like the woman last night who came up and handed me an alcoholic drink and seemed genuinely shocked when I politely refused it, despite the fact that I feel like my belly eclipses my shoes at this point.
- “Normal” weight gain at this point can be anything between five and 13 pounds.
Baby Bump: Week 17